Visited Brundavan Clinic last week as my son wasn’t keeping well. Thanks to Dr TP Karthik. One of the best Pediatricians I have come across. Understands the anxiety parents have, counselled us really patiently. Thanks to him, my son is now recovered completely. Not just professional in their approach, but also friendly and patient.
Few days back my daughter was not well and went to the clinic for getting my daughter checked. Thank you Dr TP Karthik. You have wonderful patience levels in handling kids and treating them well. My suggestion to parents out there to have Dr TP Karthik as their Pediatric doctor for their kids. Best one in the city for sure.
Thank you Doctor Karthik. I have come across many doctors, but the way you handle babies is well appreciated. I would definitely recommend Brundavan to who I know as I believe in the way you treat kids. Thanks once again for doing the best.
Very Senior consultant,every parent will be satisfied with his treatment.Do not miss such consultant.we are thankful to God our son is in safest hands,Peaditrician like Dr Karthik
Vaccination Counselling Service
When it comes to vaccination, there is a lot of misinformation surrounding it in the world. This is the reason why parents are often sceptical about vaccines and often wonder what is right for their children.
To clarify the stance, babies are born with immunity against a few diseases because the mother passes on the antibodies to them before birth. Even breastfeeding delivers the baby’s body with a few antibodies they need to fight off a few types of general diseases. However, all of these are temporary.
In such cases, vaccinating your child is the best way to assure them a healthy future and correct growth. Immunization protects your child from harmful diseases that a newborn is fairly subjected to the risks of, especially during the first few months after birth.
Type of Vaccines
There are primarily four types or branches of vaccines that the babies are administered with. They include:
- Attenuated vaccine – These include a weakened strain of the live virus that is injected into a child’s body to protect them against severe diseases like measles, mumps and rubella.
- Killed vaccine – These include a deactivated form of the virus or bacteria that is injected in vaccines in IPV.
- Toxoid vaccine – These include the vaccines for diptheria and tetanus wherein an inactivated toxin produced by a bacterium is injected into the body.
- Conjugate vaccine – The fourth and last type includes the ones like Hib vaccine that contains parts of bacteria along with proteins.
What are the primary types of vaccines that a child needs?
At Brundavan Women and Childcare’s vaccination counselling service, you can find a list of all the necessary vaccines that a child needs for uninterrupted growth and development. They include:
- Chickenpox (varicella) vaccine
- Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis vaccine (DTaP)
- Hepatitis A vaccine (HepA)
- Hepatitis B vaccine (HepB)
- Hib vaccine
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine
- Influenza vaccine
- Measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine (MMR)
- Meningococcal vaccines
- Pneumococcal vaccine (PCV)
- Polio vaccine (IPV)
- Rotavirus vaccine
Discussing the concerns
At the Vaccination Counselling Service at Brundavan Women and Childcare, you get the best guidance and information surrounding vaccination and the role it plays in the child’s overall well-being and development. Getting a transparent
rundown of things helps parents better understand the importance of vaccines and why your child aren’t better off without it.
The vaccination counselling service also discusses the common concerns and questions that parents have about the complications and reactions that come with the vaccines. The doctors are better equipped to give an informed answer, helping parents make the right decisions for their child and their health. We look forward to meeting you soon!