Dr Gitanjali is one of the best gynecologists in Hyderabad. She is kind & empathetic. She listened to my problem and explained the treatment well. Thanks a lot doctor
All the staff and the doctor were amazing. All the time during my pregnancy, everytime I went to the hopsital they treated me with respect and care. Dr Gitanjali’s bed side manners and professionalism are exceptional.
Mrs. Pragathi Jain
I was treated by Dr Gitanjali for Heavy menstrual bleeding. I can say with out a doubt she is the best gynecologist in Hyderabad. She was very caring and the treatment worked like a charm.
Ms. Asha Kiran
What is Urinary Tract Infection
Urinary tact infection-UTI is an infection in any part of your urinary system, such as the bladder, kidney, ureters, and urethra.
One in every two women is at risk of UTI. In contrast, one in ten men is affected with UTI.
Our expert doctors at Brundavan Women & Child Care Centre says that women are at higher risk of UTI that needs a call for help.
What are the Causes of UTI?
SEX- You can get UTI from sex if you or your partner's genitalia has bacteria that might be from your large intestine.
Women with diabetes are at higher risk of UTI.
Other conditions that can block the urinary flow, such as Kidney stones, spinal cord injury, can cause UTI.
What Are the Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection ?
The common signs and symptoms women experience if they have urinary problems includes:
- Intense or frequent urge to pee, even though you pass only a minimal amount of urine.
- A burning sensation when you pass urine.
- Pain in the lower abdomen.
- Nausea, giddiness, tiredness, fever with chills.
UTI in different parts of the urinary system has different names; they are:
- Cystitis(Bladder)- A condition in which it's hurt when you pee or want to pee more often than usual. With this, you might also experience lower abdominal pain.
- Pyelonephritis (Kidney)- This condition can cause chills, fever, vomiting, and you may experience upper back pain.
- Urethritis (Urethra) – This condition will give you a burning sensation and cause a discharge when you pee.
Diagnosis of UTI-
- Urine test (to detect the presence of bacteria)
Treatment of Urinary Tract Infection
If you suspect that you might have urinary problems, visit our highly efficient doctors at Brundavan Women & Child Care Centre.
Medication- (Antibiotics) is the most common treatment for urinary tract problems. Be sure you take all the medicines as prescribed by our doctors.
Staying hydrated will also help to flush out the bacteria out of your body.
There are always possible chances of recurring urinary problems. To prevent this, our doctors advise you to follow a few practices, which includes:
- Drink plenty of water
- After peeing, use toilet wipes from the urethra to anus direction.
- Keep your genital area dry.
- Clean your genitalia before having sex
We at Brundavan Women & Child Care Centre will always help you out with any urinary problem. Our trained doctors will assist you with the best possible treatment according to your health.