Dr Gitanjali is one of the best gynecologists in Hyderabad. She is kind & empathetic. She listened to my problem and explained the treatment well. Thanks a lot doctor
All the staff and the doctor were amazing. All the time during my pregnancy, everytime I went to the hopsital they treated me with respect and care. Dr Gitanjali’s bed side manners and professionalism are exceptional.
Mrs. Pragathi Jain
I was treated by Dr Gitanjali for Heavy menstrual bleeding. I can say with out a doubt she is the best gynecologist in Hyderabad. She was very caring and the treatment worked like a charm.
Ms. Asha Kiran
What is Contraception
Contraception is a method, medication or device used to prevent pregnancy. It is also called birth control or family planning.
It also helps in preventing sexually transmitted diseases.
What Are Different Types of Contraceptive Methods ?
Various barrier methods are available for males and females; they are:
- Male condoms
- Female condoms
- Cervical caps
- Contraceptive sponges
This method involves the use of contraceptive pills. Usually, the following are used for the hormonal method of birth control:
- Progestin-estrogen combination
- progestin alone pills
- IUDs like copper-T
The contraceptive pills work by suppressing ovulation, thickening the cervical mucosa, and preventing the entry of sperm into fallopian tubes, thereby preventing fertilization of eggs.
Natural birth control:
- Coitus interruptus: It is a natural birth control method in which the man has to withdraw his penis from the vagina completely before ejaculation.
- Calendar rhythm: In this, the couple can avoid performing sex during fertile days. (usually 14th day of the menstrual cycle is considered as the most fertile day)
- Tubectomy- The fallopian tubes of women are cut and ligated.
- Vasectomy- In this method, the tubes carrying sperms in men are cut and ligated.
Emergency Contraceptive :
This method uses a pill, usually called a “morning-after pill.” This pill should be taken within 72 hours after unprotected intercourse.
Contraception comes in various forms and varies according to the user’s needs to prevent pregnancy. Some contraceptives can also help relieve menstrual symptoms such as period pain and protect you against pregnancy. Choosing the right form of contraception is very important.
At Brundavan Hospitals, we provide contraception advice to identify the right and best option for you.
The right and the best kind of contraceptive for you will depend on many factors, includes:
- Your menstrual cycle
- Your lifestyle
Any health risk factor that will prevent you from having a particular contraceptive type is having a migraine or being overweight.
Get the Right Advice for Contraception:
As there are so many factors to consider, choosing the right form of the contraceptive can be tricky. Speaking with our well-trained gynaecologist can help you choose the right contraceptive.
Our doctors will explain the different types of contraception available and help you chose the best for you. It is essential to take highly qualified doctor’s advice on factors such as:
- Is there any risk or side effect associated with the contraceptive.
- Are there any chances of pregnancy even while using the contraceptive.
- Method of using the contraceptive.