Dr Gitanjali is one of the best gynecologists in Hyderabad. She is kind & empathetic. She listened to my problem and explained the treatment well. Thanks a lot doctor
All the staff and the doctor were amazing. All the time during my pregnancy, everytime I went to the hopsital they treated me with respect and care. Dr Gitanjali’s bed side manners and professionalism are exceptional.
Mrs. Pragathi Jain
I was treated by Dr Gitanjali for Heavy menstrual bleeding. I can say with out a doubt she is the best gynecologist in Hyderabad. She was very caring and the treatment worked like a charm.
Ms. Asha Kiran
Uterine Fibroids Surgical Management
Uterine fibroids are noncancerous tumours that grow along or within the walls of the uterus. Removal of fibroids increases the chances for pregnancy.
As they are not cancerous, our doctors at Brundavan Women & Child Care centre can decide whether you should opt for surgery or no, depending on your condition.
You might consider surgery if you show symptoms like:
- Heavy menstrual bleeding,
- Pressure or pain in your lower belly,
- Bleeding between periods,
- Frequent urination
- Trouble in emptying your bladder
There is a significant risk in having a miscarriage or complicated pregnancy if there are fibroids in the uterus.
Our specialist doctors might recommend myomectomy if your fibroids are causing the above mention symptoms. Myomectomy is done at Brundavan Women & Child Care centre in one of these three ways:
- Laparoscopic myomectomy- Removal of fibroids through several small incisions for inserting Laparoscope and other instruments. The recovery is faster and is less invasive.
- Abdominal myomectomy- Removal of your fibroids through an open surgical cut in your lower belly known to be abdominal myomectomy.
- Hysteroscopic myomectomy– Removal of your fibroids through your vagina and cervix using a hysteroscopy is called hysteroscopic myomectomy.
- Other treatments for fibroids – Uterine artery embolization & MRI guided myolysis.
Myomectomy is suggested for women with fibroids and who wish to get pregnant in the future as it does not include the removal of reproductive organs.
Preparation for Your Surgery:
Before you proceed with the surgery, our doctors might prescribe a few medications to reduce the fibroid’s size and make it easier to remove. You might also need to have specific tests done to ensure you are healthy enough for surgery.
What can you Expect After Surgery?
• Relief from heavy menstruation/pelvic/abdominal pain
• Healthy pregnancy journey
• No Harm to Uterus
• Scars/Stitches are negligible
• Minimally Invasive Procedure
• Low risk of Infection
After this surgery, most women get relief from symptoms like heavy menstrual bleeding and pelvic pain.
Doctors at Brundavan Hospitals guide you on treatments & procedures especially if you are planning to start a family.