Dr Gitanjali is one of the best gynecologists in Hyderabad. She is kind & empathetic. She listened to my problem and explained the treatment well. Thanks a lot doctor
All the staff and the doctor were amazing. All the time during my pregnancy, everytime I went to the hopsital they treated me with respect and care. Dr Gitanjali’s bed side manners and professionalism are exceptional.
Mrs. Pragathi Jain
I was treated by Dr Gitanjali for Heavy menstrual bleeding. I can say with out a doubt she is the best gynecologist in Hyderabad. She was very caring and the treatment worked like a charm.
Ms. Asha Kiran
How is Uterine can Diagnosed?
Our doctor will ask you about your symptoms, family medical history, and risk factors if you show any trace of uterine cancer. Our efficient doctor will also perform a pelvic exam and a general physical exam.
Some of the general procedures for diagnosing uterine cancer include:
- Transvaginal sonography or ultrasound
- Endometrial biopsy
- Dilation and Curettage (D&C)- From the inside of your uterus, a surgical instrument is used to scrape out tissue. This procedure is used to obtain the endometrium for testing.
- Endometrial tissue testing
- CT scan
- MRI Scan
- CA-125 assay: To measure the level of CA-125, a substance found in body fluid.
Treatment options for Uterine Cancer:
Uterine cancer cannot be prevented in most cases, but you can take some measures to lessen the risk by:
- Maintaining a healthy weight.
- Usage of oral contraceptives
- Diabetes control
At Brundavan Women & Child Care centre, we encourage women to discuss any unexpected spotting or bleeding with our doctors.
The treatment of choice for most women with uterine cancer is surgery.
- Uterus removal (Hysterectomy)
- Removal of ovaries and fallopian tubes(Salpingo-oophorectomy).
Our doctors may use other treatments also, depending on the stage and type of uterine cancer cells found.
- Hormone therapy
- Radiation therapy
- Targeted drug therapy
- Lymph node biopsy
A combination of treatments might be used in certain situations. The patient’s overall medical condition and the type and stage of cancer will determine treatment choice.
Women with hereditary nonpolyposis colon cancer (HNPCC) should have annual screening for uterine cancer.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are experiencing any uterine cancer symptoms such as:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Lower abdominal pain
- Discharge of thin white clear substance
Please book your appointment with our specialist doctor to receive the best and most suitable treatment for you.