Dr Gitanjali is one of the best gynecologists in Hyderabad. She is kind & empathetic. She listened to my problem and explained the treatment well. Thanks a lot doctor
All the staff and the doctor were amazing. All the time during my pregnancy, everytime I went to the hopsital they treated me with respect and care. Dr Gitanjali’s bed side manners and professionalism are exceptional.
Mrs. Pragathi Jain
I was treated by Dr Gitanjali for Heavy menstrual bleeding. I can say with out a doubt she is the best gynecologist in Hyderabad. She was very caring and the treatment worked like a charm.
Ms. Asha Kiran
Breast Cancer Screening
About 14% of women in India are diagnosed with breast cancer during their lifetime. Breast cancer screening is usually offered to women between 35 and 50 years and sometimes above. There is a good chance of recovery, and the treatment is more successful if it is detected at an early stage. The main target of breast cancer screening is to find cancer lesions as early as possible.
If you are worried about any breast cancer symptoms like thickened tissue in a breast or a lump, we at Brundavan Women & Child Care centre are here to provide you with the best breast cancer screening. Do not overlook any symptoms as it can be a significant sign of breast cancer.
Diagnosis of Breast Cancer:
Procedures used to diagnose breast cancer are:
- Breast exam- Your doctor will check both of your breasts and lymph nodes in your armpit for the presence of any lumps or any other abnormalities(if any).
- Mammogram- A mammogram is an X-ray of the breast. If any abnormality is detected in a screening mammogram, your doctor may recommend a diagnostic mammogram to evaluate that abnormality further.
- Breast ultrasound- An ultrasound uses sound waves to produce images of structures within your body. Ultrasound is also used to determine whether a breast lump is a solid mass or a fluid-filled cyst.
- Biopsy- A biopsy is the only definitive method of diagnosing breast cancer. During the biopsy, your doctor uses a specialized needle-like device, guided by an X-ray, to extract a part tissue from the suspicious area. The extracted cells are further examined for breast cancer.
- MRI- An MRI machine uses magnet and radio waves to create images of the interior of your breast.
Staging Breast Cancer
Once your doctors diagnose your breast cancer, they stage your cancer. Your cancer's stage helps determine the treatment and prognosis.
Tests used to stage your breast cancer are:
- Blood tests- CBC(complete blood count)
- Mammogram of the other breast
- Breast MRI
- Bone scan
- Computerized tomography (CT) scan
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scan
The Procedure of Breast Screening:
Our expert doctors perform this process with an X-ray, also known as a mammograph. Gently but firmly compressed with a transparent plate, your breast is placed on the X-ray machine.
At different angles, two X-rays of each breast are taken. The mammograph will be checked for any abnormalities after your breasts have been X-rayed. Based on your results, our doctors will provide you with the best treatment with the utmost care and support.
At Brundavan women & child care centre, we provide you with world-class screening for your breast cancer.