Dr Gitanjali is one of the best gynecologists in Hyderabad. She is kind & empathetic. She listened to my problem and explained the treatment well. Thanks a lot doctor
All the staff and the doctor were amazing. All the time during my pregnancy, everytime I went to the hopsital they treated me with respect and care. Dr Gitanjali’s bed side manners and professionalism are exceptional.
Mrs. Pragathi Jain
I was treated by Dr Gitanjali for Heavy menstrual bleeding. I can say with out a doubt she is the best gynecologist in Hyderabad. She was very caring and the treatment worked like a charm.
Ms. Asha Kiran
What is Septal Resection?
Septal resection is a surgical procedure for the removal of "uterine septum." Uterine septum is a congenital malformation of the uterus. A longitudinal septum divides the uterus into two parts, hindering a woman's chances of successfully implanting an embryo and carrying a baby.
What are the Problems Caused by Uterine Septum?
Recurrent miscarriage– Pregnancy may occur but often leads to miscarriage as the baby cannot grow inside a septae uterus(uterus with septum).
Premature birth may occur in some cases.
The septum is seen in association with abnormalities of the renal system in some cases.
How is a Uterine Septum Diagnosed?
- Pelvic exam: The results of the pelvic exam shows a double vagina or double cervix.
- Transvaginal Ultrasound
How is Septal Resection Performed?
Hysteroscopic septal resection: This the most preferred method of septal resection as it is a minimally invasive and safer method.
The procedure is usually performed under local anesthesia.
- The doctor will first prop(widen) the cervix with an instrument called a speculum.
- The doctor will then insert a hysteroscope into your uterus through your vagina. The doctor moves the hysteroscope along the walls of the uterus.
- Carbon dioxide gas will be sent into your uterus to clear the surface and help widen it slightly; this helps in better visualization.
- The light and camera at the end of the hysteroscope allow the doctor to see the uterus.
- LEEP (loop electrical excision procedure) the instrument is used to remove the septate uterus inserted into the vagina through a hole in the tube connected to the scope.
- The required corrections are made in the uterus so that the inconsistency in the uterus is removed and normalcy is restored.
What can you Expect After a Septal Resection?
- You should be able to return to work the following day.
- You may experience spotting for 3-4 days after the procedure.
- It will help if you shower rather than a bath.
- It would help if you used sanitary pads and not tampons.
Our experienced gynecologist at Brundavan women & child care centre have successfully performed septal resection for many women and fulfilled their dream to experience motherhood.